21 Jan 2011

WHAT CAN YOU DO IN BERLIN ON A FRIDAY NIGHT?

Well, its Friday! The last day of the week, finally! So, how to spend the friday night if your happend to be in Berlin, or could want to go there in the next future?

Night time Berlin, Hoa Binh Nguyen's flickr photostream


This weekend there are some special things going on here. That, and some more options (some that I have tried, and some that I would like to try out) right here: 




FASHION:
BERLIN FASHION WEEK (18. - 23. JAN 2011)

Well that is... if you are invited. To lots of these arrangements you need a spesciall invitation. But I am planning to try to check out "The Wardrobe Berlin" showroom event, but I´m not invited so will se if its open or not! Seems interesting, non the less. Just because I´m interessted in how the wardrobe in Berlin would be presented!

But hey, now I just realized, at the same time the "Mercedes-Benz Fashionweek Berlin" is going on (its almost the same, but not quite). Looks like the possibilities are better to geth trough to something here, maybee I will check something out on the way home, it is pretty close by! Just currious :)

Nope...no chance. Tried it... 


Rahter check out Friedrichstraße instead. Hier is my blog post with fashion-stores in this street. 
Or Bergmannstr. i Kreutzberg.

You can also visit KaDeWe shopping centre. The second biggest shoppingsentre in Europe, next after Harrod´s in London.


MUSICALS:
THRILLER LIVE -The Michael Jackson musical (21. 22. and 23.01 at Admiralspalast)
The official site in german here

The musical for all Michael Jackson fans! (Who wasn't/isn't?) All the songs from his great career, from Jackson Five-songs to "Thriller" to "The way you make me feel" (I would think!)

Hey, thats enough reasons to past that last mentioned song of his in here! :D
The King of Pop, some real ass shaking there... But, wow he's great!
This musical is touring, so this weekend is your only chace to see this show in Berlin!

However, there are always the possibility to see a musical or e show of some kind in Berlin, JUST HAVE A LOOK HERE AT THESE LINKS:
Musicals/shows Berlin.de
Musicals/ Eventim.de


CONCERT-CLUBS:
Berlin is the ultimat city for concerts. And yeah, of course it gives you the chance to visit to the big and famous ones, however, this city also has a wide range of concert-clubs featuring rather unknown and semi-known bands and artists. That might be worth to check out. Here are some clubs to check out for that (given to me by my friendly colleage in my office) :) I need to check some of them out soon myself.

CONCERTS  -THE BIG ONES:
Oh yes, it's a lot of them too (if you can afford it...) This spring Kylie, Jamiroquai, Iron Maiden, Kings of Leon, Maroon 5, Roxette (Oh yes!), Bryan Adams, Justin Bieber (cutie boy..:)) and many many more. And Rihanna this autum. Just check out

DANCING
Well, I have only checkt out this one club for that, but apparantly it's pretty well know (even my german language teacher mentioned it last night, I don't know it its good or bad...) It's like going into a club in Columbia or something, crazy salza dancing clouples everywhere! But also a disco in the third floor, and you are guaranted to dance. And: Ladies free (before 23.00)

Havanna Club, Berlin. Dance guarantied!

SHOPPING - AND COFFEE STREETS:
Why not relax haveing a coffee while your doing some late evening-Friday shopping? My favorite street is in Kreuzberg (U: Mehringdam) and it's well known: Bergmannstraße. It is so nice there! Lots of nice little cloth stores and coffie shops!
Like this one, coffie- and food store in Bergmannstraße





FLEA MARKETS:
I have not been able to find all of them (there are many!), but anyway, flea-markets are a must when you visit Berlin! I bought this really cool old compact camera with the old film-strip system at one, for just 10 EUR! Also I bouth two nice clutch purses at another, about when I fist got here, (se earlier post) for just 5 EUR each, and they was new with the plastic wrapping on and everything. Berlin is famous for its markets, either if its x-mas markets or flea markets or whatever, so make sure that you check one out. And it's not that hard to find one, mostly you just accidentally drop by one (on the way to something else). Berlin is a city it's nice to just walk around without any goals, and just see what you "fall" across. And this is a nice activity for the following Saturday or Sunday morning. :)
Here are some info to help you find some in forhand:

ELECTRONICA & HIPSTER-STYLE
Berlin = Hipsters!
I guess there are lots of clubs that I still don't even know about jet... but here is at least one site (that is pretty good for updates!) I need to check out this enviroment more myself.

AND IF YOU JUST WANT TO HAVE A QUICK LOOK ABOUT EVERYTHING:

That's a few thing that would make your Friday in Berlin pretty cool!

Oh, and me? I'm still not really sure what I am doing, but it looks like I'm swinging by the Villa Berlin closing party (Site: Berlin Mitte Institut). I didn't really had any plans for tonight, but then I only have to ask my german friend Johan, and soon I have lots of opportunities! :) He is great that way! (Got to know him when he pickt me up from the airport, as the former ASF-volunteers are supposed to do with the new ones -I'm glad! :)) To this party, everyone has to wear pure black, we're mourning...(the club is closing) But that's perfect really, and so it might be fun going there. And its a good excuse to get out, and I need that! :)

Have a nice weekend! :D

No comments: