5 Dec 2009

The Novels in me

The Novels in me

I found love in war torned russia x)
And brotherhood in ”Of Mice and Men”
I discovered India in Rushdies ”Midnights Children”
And the rest of the world within them.

I´ve laught in ”Popular Music from Vittula”
And cryed in Khaled Hosseinis ”The Kite Runner”
I wanted to make a difference with ”The Angel of Grozny”
And within thees feeIings, thrive I, didnt lost me

”The Alchemist” made me wanna follow my dreams.
And Kafkas ”The Trial” showed me the bewilderings of the world.
I learned about The Biafra sufferings in ”Half of a Yellow Sun”
And how come is it, that I have still more to come?

”The History of Love”xx) is sometimes complicated
And passion and feelings can derive from cooking! xxx)
I´ve been told the insanity of a mans ”Hunger” xxxx)
And al of this so that I myself will not blunder

Now I want to read about ”The Master and the Margarita”
And perhaps of Romeo and Juliet too?
And all I know is that these books guide me
To some odd place, that I at this point, did not knew.

Poem written by Linn Husby


x) Paulina Simmons ”The Bronze Horzeman”, ”Tatiana and Alexander” and ”The Summer Garden” (I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT!)
xx) Nicole Krauss, ”The History of Love”
xxx) ”Like Water for Chocolate”, Laura Esquivel
xxxx) Knut Hamsun (norwegian), ”Hunger”

No comments: